RAIN
I thought I knew all about rain growing up in Seattle where it rained constantly for weeks at a time. Well... In Oklahoma it RAINS. It pours buckets and buckets and you just don't go out in it or in five seconds you are going to be so wet you will need a change of clothes. So it began raining and it rained and rained for 15 days straight. All the drainage ditches filled and our garden got too much water for its taste. We found a poor turtle confusing the road with a stream, so we "rescued" him by picking him up (about 2 lbs of the big guy) and taking him to a friends house where we gawked at him while the rains came down outside. We retuned him to a stream during a break in the rain a couple hours later. But for the most part, we stayed inside and watched too much tv and just hoped for a break in the rain or a glimmer of sun. Well, the last few days have been kind and the rains have abated. YAY!!! So I am feeling more in the blogging mood again, however I have no pictures to show for the last couple weeks. So more pictures to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment