Thursday, May 29, 2008

More pictures and stormy weather

We had our first brush with Tornado weather on Memorial Day. We had friends over for a BBQ when our weather radio began telling us that bad weather was coming. We went inside and sat down to eat and watch a movie. Near the end of the movie the tornato siren went off, so we all gathered toys and went into our enclosed hallway. Then when the siren was done we came out and finished the movie. I took our friend and her two sons home, and the fun began...

She lives just a few blocks away. There was water running down the road right in front of her house. I didn't think there was much water and her driveway was just a bit farther, so I thought I would chance it. The car ahead of me went through the water just fine. But my van didn't have the same luck. The water was deeper than I had supposed. I turned before the driveway because I realized that there was quite a lot of water pouring out from it and it could possibly wash me away. Unfortunately, I turned and went up over the curb into some very soft grass. It was so soft I sunk deep down. When I got out of the car to check on it, I found the water half way up my calf. Then I took a few steps away into the street and the water was up to my knees! Not good. Well, we ferried the kids and their stuff to their house and I called Brian to send a rescue party. He brought a friend with a Suburban. They hooked up to our van and pulled us out. We have a little dent as a reminder not to drive through water because you never know how high it is.
Here are some pictures of other happenings... Notice the hair. Lots of hair on the girls. I cut it after the pictures were taken. More pictures to come another day.












1 comment:

Julie Tegeder said...

Hey..I remember that couch! Your kids are super cute.