Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Got Goat?


Recently I taught Aubrey about the goat. Heidi is a master of getting a reaction out of Aubrey by endlessly teasing and taunting her (when she isn't busy trying to kiss and hug her). I had kept reminding Aubrey to ignore Heidi, as she really wasn't interested in what was coming out of her baby mouth as long as there was a really neet reaction from Aubrey. One day this week, I told her that Heidi was just trying to "get her goat", and that she should just tell Heidi, "You can't have my goat!" every time Heidi began the taunting. Well, we all had a good laugh over that one and a couple days passed. Aubrey liked the idea of a little goat living inside your belly that would come out with a loud "maaaaaa....maaaaaaAAAAA!" if it looked like Heidi was getting the best of her, and she would remember that Heidi couldn't have her goat.
Today we were eating breakfast and we were nearly done. I was just cleaning the bowls off the table when Aubrey leaned over to Heidi and said, "Hey Heidi, can I have your goat?" Heidi said, "no." and that was the end of it (however I was laughing quite a lot in the kitchen). Hearing those girls communicate can be a pure joy sometimes.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Jill, that's pretty funny. I don't think I'd give Heidi my goat either. :)