Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Ball at the Mansion

Brian and I went to the "ball" on Friday night for our anual stake dance. They have it at the Marland Mansion which is about 2 minutes from our house. They have good food and lots of mingling and oh yes, dancing too. So I did a dress rehearsal the week before to experiment with my limited wardrobe to create the best formal effect I could. After a bit of squeezing and hiding of a wiiiidddde open zipper, I found something. Brian had it a lot easier... Anyway, we went and had a nice time. Even danced a couple of dances. We had a nice night and came home early around 8:30 because I was all worn out from all that time at the ball. Here are some pictures of me in my "ball gown". This is after the dance, so I may look a bit tired.




Today we took the whole family down to Oklahoma City. I went to the temple while Brian entertained the girls. In the temple dressing room I realized that this will be the last time I will be wearing my temple dress before little brother comes. It was a true miracle I could breathe at all during the session. All in all, I had a wonderful time in spite of lacking oxygen. When I came out my sweet husband and two little girls were just running up to the temple. The first thing I noticed were the new colorful boots on their feet. Hmmm... Daddy had done some shopping for his little girls. Brian had a great time at Target shopping for clothes for Aubrey and Heidi. Each received one new winter outfit. Brian did a really good job - and it was his first time. It was so cute to see how excited they all were. And on the way home the excitment died down until about 2 hours later Heidi was crying and Aubrey was complaining. OKC can seem like a quite a ways away sometimes. I'm so glad we got to go today. And thus ends a very busy Saturday for the Critchfields.

No comments: