Halloween
Halloween at the Critchfield's was an informal affair this year which we celebrated a day early due to the ward party (we didn't do anything really on actual Halloween). The kids spent all day changing costumes until it was time to go to the ward party, at which time I just packed them up and took them in whatever costume had developed by that time. I had actually spent a lot of the afternoon working on my cake for the cake walk. I was invited to make a cake, and suddenly I got a brilliant idea to try out an "easy" fondant recipe and make it a practice run in case I want to make fondant for Aubrey's birthday cake. Well, it was actually easy, but I put way too much time into it and it turned out very average when I came to the point where I refused to make the cake more of a big production as my artistic nature is inclined to do. So the verdict - Am I makeing fondant cake for Aubrey's birthday? Um, maybe. Depends on how I'm feeling.
2 comments:
Oh my goodness! The cake is just beautiful! I could never do that! And the Girls look great too!
Jill, I think your cake looks awesome!!!! You can make a cake for my birthday!!! :) I seriously love it.
Post a Comment