Saturday, March 29, 2008

Lunch, made with love. From Aubrey

Today I was just too tired and overwhelmed to try to create some kind of lunch out of our dwindleing pre-grocery shopping resources. When Aubrey came up to me whining and saying she wanted lunch, I kindly invited her to make it herself, and while she was at it to make some for me, Daddy and Heidi. She could pick whatever she wanted, but the only rule was no climbing - she would have to use a chair. She agreed and went off on her merry way. I then forgot about the whole thing and went to change and feed Joseph. The next time I looked in the kitchen, there was a neat stack of sandwiches. One for everyone. Aubrey had made peanut butter sandwiches and Heidi had helped out. She did a wonderful job. We all ate our sandwiches with gratitude for our sweet four year old's food preparation skills.

3 comments:

Lyndsey said...

This is amazing!!!! What a champ. Are all 4 year olds like this?

The Cherry Family said...

Awesome! Go Aubrey!

Jeannie said...

How sweet...do you want to send her over here to make something yummy out of my poorly stocked pantry!