Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Butterfly Blessings

Yesterday was a beautiful sunny day. Thank goodness, because it was time to do laundry again. Yes, still no dryer. I took Joseph out in his exersaucer to be with me while I hung up the clothes and keep an eye on him. After a few minutes of hanging up clothes, I looked over and noticed a butterfly hovering near Joseph. It flew all over making a wonderful show that he watched with great interest. I have never seen a buterfly stay around for so long. I stopped what I was doing just to watch Joseph and the butterfly. As I was watching, it occured to me that this butterfly was a gift that God gave my baby for no other reason than for his amusement. My heart filled as I contemplated on the love of God for his children. He gives us so many small and glistening tokens of love every day. When I see them in behalf of my babies, I am even more greatful. It reminds me of a saying I heard recently that I also told to my sister on her wedding day, "A burden shared is half a burden, and a joy shared is double joy."

1 comment:

jeannie said...

Now just think...if you had a dryer, you would have missed that butterfly and Joseph watching it so carefully, and missed thinking about all of the things Heavenly Father created for our enjoyment! Thanks for sharing!