A wedding!
Not much blogging lately because I was busy doing. The whole family packed up and went to Washington for my sister, Megan's wedding. The traveling was all in all not too bad. The weather was pretty average. The wedding was wonderful. I finally got to meet Megan's intended, and he is great. I wish we had more time to spend getting to know him, but after asking Jon about a couple dozen random thought provoking questions about himself, I suspect he is probably grateful we are gone. We went out to dinner twice at Brian's favorite pizza place, spent some (but, too little) time with my wonderful grandparents, visited with family and friends. Oh, and I got to visit the doctor too. I got pink eye the day after we arrived. Hence, the glasses in the pictures. Megan got married Friday morning in the Seattle temple. I was so blessed to have the honor of helping her get ready in the bride's room before the ceremony. I think I ended up with "perma-smile" and my eyes got drippy I was so happy for her. The had a beautiful ceremony and then the reception preparations went into full swing. There were things to sew, flowers to clip, errends to run, outfits to put together... I wasn't the most help, but I did what I could. Brian was really a lot of help doing all the sweaty work, and he really helped out with the kids so I could spend more time with my family. He was wonderful. The reception was amazing. There are pictures, but when you look at them, remember that each and every detail of everything was planned and executed meticulously. It was not only beautiful, but really fun- also part of the plan. I am really amazed at the talents of my sister and my mom together in planning the whole thing. When I left home to go to college Megan was only 11, and I had missed many years of getting to know her. It was so cool to see what she has become and the good decisions she is making for her life. The only thing that was kind of sad was that there was someone missing. My sister Erin is on a mission in Germany. She is working hard for the Lord and we are so proud of her. However, it felt different without her. It is so wonderful to be part of a family. Even if you are all dorks, at least you are in good company and you understand each other's dorkiness. We're only dorks sometimes, the rest of the time I would say we're pretty cool. And with the next generation of the Barnhart family it only has gotten better. I thank God for the blessing of family.















PS. Our photographer is Cheryl Bennett (who also photographed my wedding), my mom's oldest Brother's wife. She did a wonderful job!















PS. Our photographer is Cheryl Bennett (who also photographed my wedding), my mom's oldest Brother's wife. She did a wonderful job!

1 comment:
Yeah for Megan. All the pictures are GORGEOUS!! Your mom really knows how to throw a party. That's amazing. I'm so glad you got to go and see family.
Post a Comment