Monday, April 28, 2008

What a beautiful ballerina!

Today I just had to get a few things done, so I sent the girls to their room for "rest time" (rest for me, not them). Joseph had just woken up and another potentially industrious time was about to be sacrificed to provide Joe with some fun time I felt he was due for. Then, I thought, why not send Joe to rest time with his sisters? So I took Joe to the girls room, asked Aubrey to be good to him for a half an hour. Read him at least two books, talk to him, sing to him and make sure Heidi doesn't fall on top of him. Then I went and accomplished my to do list with flying colors. With a sense of gratitude to Aubrey and great satisfaction I entered the girls room to find...

... A very happy (slightly hungry) Joseph playing dress up with his sister. She had taken the ballet slippers off her stuffed animal ballerina and found them a perfect fit on Joseph. Now if the prince could only dance... then all of Aubrey's dreams would come true.

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

...make sure Heidi doesn't fall on top of him...


Ooops, has that happened before?!

What a good little babysitter Aubrey is, and I'm glad that you were able to get your list of things done...what's your secret?!