I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)
Last night I had a dream and I woke up in the early morning feeling strongly that the solution to my dream conflict was to write on my blog about my faith.
I can't help but notice how much the media fails to distinguish between The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and the religion practiced by the polygamist group of recent fame in Texas (called by themselves the Fundamental LDS). I wonder to myself how two vastly different religious groups could be cast into one. I realized that in spite of millions of LDS members throughout the world as well as tens of thousands of missionaries, people still don't really know much about the church for the reason that members don't always open their mouths to share their faith in Jesus Christ to those around them.
I thought I would share some of my thoughts and feelings about the religion I love and hopefully clear up any mystery or strangeness that seems to surround it in the minds of people I meet.
I want to speak for myself about my feelings about the church. I don't speak for the church or the leaders of the church. If you want to know the official position of the church, I have a link (among others) to the official website. In the following posts I will share the things of my heart and my faith as well as continuing updates about the family. With much love, I hope you enjoy learning more about the faith of our family.
No comments:
Post a Comment