Friday, July 11, 2008

Just a few pictures...

Well, we got that tree in the backyard removed. Brian convinced a friend to climb a 35 ft. ladder and empty two cans of wasp spray into the hive. (I was pretty skeptical about that particular solution). Then, a couple days later the bees were still buzzing around, so the tree cutting man came and poured disel into the hive. That did it. No more beezzz in the honey tree. He came he cut and hauled and chipped and got done in about 4 hours. I have video, but I still have to get them uploaded. It was really fun to watch. If you are going to pay money to have a tree removed, you can consider part of that money going to admission to a really cool show. It softens the blow just a bit.

In other news. Big Joe - still big. After weighing him at a freind's house we discovered why my arms get tired while holding him. He weighs more than 21 pounds! Just more of him to love. He is so absolutely darling. We all feel very blessed.

Aubrey and Heidi are learning to be good stewards over just a few toys right now. All the toys went away except for just a few until they can learn how to take care of toys. They had so many that they got very frusterated and overwhelmed by my expectations for the care of their toys. So we are learning on a smaller scale now. Progress is being made.





Here is a picture to illustrate a great discovery I made lately. Aubrey is not leaving a path of messy destruction all over the house, she is tinkering. I guess I somehow got the two confused. She appears to be a young budding engineer... very smart and creative. So the path of destruction continues, with greater understanding on my part. This kid needs a new outlet for her engineering...
This is her latest project - the anchoring point for a blanket fort in the living room. Notice the role of the hanger on the chair. Very interesting.




No comments: